14 April 2006

Friday

A hundred and forty-two years ago today, President Abraham Lincoln was shot in the head by John Wilkes Boothe. The following morning, Saturday, April 15, 1864, the President died of his injuries in a house across the street from the theatre where he was shot. This assassination was part of a scheme to assassinate important members of the United States government…which I don’t know very much about right now. I think that’s next on my list of things to read!

As you can probably see, I’m really enjoying learning about the Civil War. Economy and government are usually hard things for me to grasp, but since I’m enjoying learning about the War of Secession or the War Between the States, those come easily.
The fact that I’m enjoying learning about the Civil War may come in handy today…we are taking a test soon. Cram, cram, cram.

It’s kind of cool because we are in Colorado, but this lady in California is teaching us history. She’s really sharp, and a great teacher. She’s taught a ton of grades all kinds of subjects, and she taught in Germany for quite a while with some sort of government program. But this is the first time she’s taught a course entirely online. It’s a lot of fun finding out how to do all this stuff on the computer! I’ve learned more about word processing this year alone than I have in the rest of my life combined. And also more history… But we really are enjoying learning from here, even if she gets frustrated with us and vice versa sometimes.

Anyhow, I have to study for a test. Wish me well. Ack!

Out,

~EA

2 comments:

Josh said...

Cool template

God bless you on your test

Lydia said...

Josh

Thank you. I have a blast with HTML tweaking.

The test was really long. But I love the Civil War and I think I did well! Thanks for the encouragement.

~EA